- The official launch of the United Fashion project, the 4-year European cooperation project (see details below).
- Reflections on the establishment of the permanent representative structure for fashion in Europe.
- Workshops to define the challenge for the fashion industry and the responding role of this permanent structure.
UNITED FASHION 2017-2021
UNITED FASHION is a project carried out by a cluster of 8 European fashion support associations, from 7 different countries, promoting entrepreneurial creativity and innovation to enhance business opportunities for European fashion designers.
The fashion sector is one of the key culture and creative industries in Europe today. Since 2008, the traditional fashion business models for creative industries have changed drastically, which requires a different business approach from designers, but also from the entire fashion industry in Europe.
For the very first time, a European crosscultural collaboration will internationally enhance the designers’ business competitiveness, without limiting their creativity. Via a cross-border cooperation, international designer showrooms will enable fashion professionals to have access to onsite market knowledge and new business opportunities by meeting local buyers, producers, press and consumers. A number of international network events and cross-border transdisciplinary training workshops will enable more than 150 European fashion designers to participate on a transnational level. It will also be an opportunity to exchange best practices, to learn about innovative design and business skills, and to gain specific market insights at a larger level than they are used to.
The UNITED FASHION project addresses the need for fashion creatives across Europe to be more business minded, without limiting their creativity. This 4-year project is a response to the urgent need to focus on the future, to share market information and to stimulate transnational collaboration and exchange across Europe.
Official 8 partners
- Maisons de Mode Lille — Roubaix (FR)
- Danish Fashion Institute (DK)
- Not Just a Label (UK)
- Fashion Week Corporation
- Fashion Weekend Skopje (FYROM)
- ModaLisboa (PT)
- Baltic Fashion Federation (LV)
- Flanders DC (BE)
- MAD Brussels (BE) as leading partner.
UNITED FASHION is co-funded by the CREATIVE EUROPE programme of the EUROPEAN UNION.
pERMANENT STRUCTURE - EUROPEAN FASHION FEDERATION (working title)